While working on our site WesternJournal.com, the core function of this position is to gain experience in journalism and news reporting. Skills to be developed during the internship include, but are not limited to news reporting, editing, and social media marketing. This is a 12-week internship opportunity with a pay of $12.15/hour. Some weekends may be required.
- Aggregates information from sources and communicates those facts proficiently.
- Investigates and researches claims to determine their validity and relevance.
- Reports news stories objectively and accurately in keeping with the company’s stated mission, which is to drive positive cultural and social change through media.
- Social Media Marketing
- Crafts shareable, engaging social posts on Facebook, Twitter, G+ and other platforms to promote our stories, commentary, videos, and news.
- Optimizes titles for increased engagement on social media platforms.
- Collaborates with editorial staff to select content for publishing on the basis of relevance, value to the reader, and timing.
- Proofread and make necessary grammatical changes on posts by staff writers and contributors
- Select editorials, daily cartoons, and opinion pieces for publication
- Exceptional written communication skills
- News Junkie - interest in current events and reporting
- Exceptional internet research skills to investigate claims on social media
- Team player with excellent interpersonal/ collaboration skills
- Experience with WordPress or other CMS a plus
- Web design experience a plus
- Basic programming skills (HTML5, CSS) a plus
- If pursuing a Bachelor’s degree:
- Junior or Senior standing
- 3.0 GPA or higher
We value company culture and hold it to a high standard. For this reason, we try to make work a fun, relaxed, and highly productive environment. Therefore, we offer the following benefits:
- Modern 30,000 sq. ft. building with an employee lounge, game room, and library
- Casual work environment
- Walking distance to Anthem businesses and restaurants
- Monthly catered lunch for the office
The Story and Values and Mission of Liftable Media may be found on our about page. You can read about some of our past interns' experiences on our blog.