The core function of this position is to produce content that captures the attention and maximizes the engagement of users in the social media environment. We operate a news platform that has a dedicated user audience and this person must identify stories that will appeal to our readers. For this role you will work with The Western Journal and possibly on any of its sections including Liftable, The WildcardConservative Tribune.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong attention to detail, a passion for the truth and a meticulous approach to the work. We want people that are passionate about what we stand for. The story and values and mission of Liftable Media, may be found on our about page.
- Crafts shareable, engaging social posts on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms to promote our stories, commentary, videos, and news.
- Collaborates with editorial staff to select content for publishing on the basis of relevance, value to the reader, and timing.
- Uses analytics software to identify effectiveness, engagement, and reach of social media posts in real time.
- Identifies “Viral”-worthy videos and other content that match our editorial goals, and curate this on our site, always keeping in mind our mission and audience.
- Optimizes titles for increased engagement on social media platforms.
- Integrates social media into the editorial process, i.e. embedding social media within published content
- Commits to following social trends and new platforms to help guide the comprehensive social media strategy
- Experience building audience engagement on social media, esp. Facebook
- News Junkie
- Interest in new social media platforms and a desire for constant experimentation
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal/ collaboration skills
- Experience with WordPress or other CMS
- Exceptional internet research skills to investigate claims on social media
- Experience with platforms like Twitter, Flipboard, and LinkedIn a plus
- Basic coding skills (HTML5, CSS) a plus
- Web design experience a plus
- Experience with graphics editors to create memes, gifs, and other images a plus
- Understanding of the values and the mission of Liftable Media, Inc. and willing to promote and uphold these both at work and with potential partners, readers, and subscribers (http://liftablemedia.com/about/values-and-mission/)
- Because Liftable Media publishes content 7 days a week, you may be asked to work a Saturday and/or Sunday.
We value company culture and hold it to a high standard. For this reason, we try to make work a fun, relaxed, and highly productive environment. Therefore, we offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, dental, and vision plans available for full-time employees
- Flexible PTO for full-time employees
- Volunteer PTO for full-time employees
- 401k + company match for full-time employees
- New 30,000 sq. ft. building with an employee lounge, game room, and library
- Casual work environment
- Walking distance to Anthem businesses and restaurants
- Monthly catered lunch for the office