The core function of this internship is to gain experience in search engine optimization (SEO) by supporting the implementation of SEO strategy for The Western Journal. This is a 40 hour a week, 12-week paid internship opportunity. The start and end dates can be flexible based on semester schedules.
- Conduct email outreach to secure new backlinks
- Input and review target keywords in Google Alerts to recognize potential outreach contacts and build backlinks
- Identify inbound follow links for published articles
- Monitor and review site audits to make suggestions on new strategies to create a more crawlable and transparent experience for search engines and guests
- Review technical SEO metrics and fix any issues or errors detected on our sites
- Identify SEO branding opportunities build recognition and trust
- Brainstorm effective SEO content for articles, websites and social media accounts
- Review duplicate content appearing elsewhere on the web with plagiarism detection software
- Participate in occasional department meetings and provide feedback
- Other job duties as assigned by Operations team
- Classes in basic business, writing, communications, marketing or information technology
- Experience with SEO and related tools
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal / collaboration skills
- Experience with WordPress or other CMS a plus
- If pursuing a Bachelor’s degree:
- Junior or Senior standing
- 3.0 GPA or higher
We value company culture and hold it to a high standard. For this reason, we try to make work a fun, relaxed, and highly productive environment. Therefore, we offer the following benefits:
- Modern 30,000 sq. ft. building with an employee lounge, game room, gym and library
- Casual work environment
- Walking distance to Anthem businesses and restaurants
- Monthly catered lunch for the office
The Story and Values and Mission of Liftable Media may be found on our about page.
The Ethics and Editorial Standards of The Western Journal may be found on our about page.
You can read about some of our past interns' experiences on our blog.