The core function of this internship is to create videos that coincide with newsworthy and informative stories for The Western Journal. You will make short article videos using a program called Wibbitz as well as assist in the creation of Facebook native videos using Adobe Premiere and OBS. This is a 12-week internship opportunity with a pay of $12.15/hour.
The story and values and mission of Liftable Media, may be found on our about page. Our editorial standards and guidelines for The Western Journal are found here.
The Western Journal is the number one destination of Americans looking for relevant news and commentary often ignored by the establishment media. With an emphasis on politics and culture, we write from a distinctly conservative Christian perspective for a highly engaged audience. Fully free from the shackles of political correctness, we are committed to tracking down, reporting and explaining the truth for those Americans and others around the world who still care about truth. The Western Journal is a subsidiary of Liftable Media Inc.
- Work with content producers and creators to figure out brand and image and then take the ideas and concepts and turn them into a creative storytelling piece
- Ensure all videos produced in-house conform to the company’s brand image
- Basic knowledge of computers and technology
- Willingness to learn quickly and apply new skills in timely fashion
- Work experience in video production a plus, but not necessary
- The ability to communicate effectively, emotionally, and dynamically with an online audience
- An interest in social media and its application to news coverage
- Experience capturing, encoding, and editing video for the web a plus
- Must be highly motivated and able to work well alone and as part of a team
We value company culture and hold it to a high standard. For this reason, we try to make work a fun, relaxed, and highly productive environment. Therefore, we offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare, dental, and vision plans available for full-time employees
- Flexible PTO for full-time employees
- Volunteer PTO for full-time employees
- 401k + company match for full-time employees
- 30,000 sq. ft. building with an employee lounge, game room, gym and library
- Casual work environment
- Walking distance to Anthem businesses and restaurants
- Monthly catered lunch for the office