While working on our site WesternJournal.com, the core function of this position is to gain experience in journalism and news reporting. Skills to be developed during the internship include, but are not limited to news reporting, editing, and social media marketing. This is a 12-week internship opportunity with a pay of $12.80/hour. We are accepting both part-time and full-time candidates for our summer 2022 internships. This internship will begin on May 2nd and will end on July 22nd. There is a possible extension of this internship which may last until August 19th. Some weekends may be required.
The Western Journal is the number one destination of Americans looking for relevant news and commentary often ignored by the establishment media. With an emphasis on politics and culture, we write from a distinctly conservative Christian perspective for a highly engaged audience. Fully free from the shackles of political correctness, we are committed to tracking down, reporting and explaining the truth for those Americans and others around the world who still care about truth. The Western Journal is a subsidiary of Liftable Media Inc.
- Aggregates information from sources and communicates those facts proficiently.
- Investigates and researches claims to determine their validity and relevance.
- Reports news stories objectively and accurately in keeping with the company’s stated mission, which is to drive positive cultural and social change through media.
- Social Media Marketing
- Crafts shareable, engaging social posts on Facebook, Twitter, G+ and other platforms to promote our stories, commentary, videos, and news.
- Optimizes titles for increased engagement on social media platforms.
- Collaborates with editorial staff to select content for publishing on the basis of relevance, value to the reader, and timing.
- Proofread and make necessary grammatical changes on posts by staff writers and contributors
- Select editorials, daily cartoons, and opinion pieces for publication
- No vaccination requirement
- Exceptional written communication skills
- News Junkie - interest in current events and reporting
- Exceptional internet research skills to investigate claims on social media
- Team player with excellent interpersonal/ collaboration skills
- Experience with WordPress or other CMS a plus
- Web design experience a plus
- Basic programming skills (HTML5, CSS) a plus
- If pursuing a Bachelor’s degree:
- Junior or Senior standing
- 2.5 GPA or higher
We value company culture and hold it to a high standard. For this reason, we try to make work a fun, relaxed, and highly productive environment. Therefore, we offer the following benefits:
- Modern 30,000 sq. ft. building with an employee lounge, game room, and library
- Casual work environment
- Walking distance to Anthem businesses and restaurants
- Monthly catered lunch for the office
The Story and Values and Mission of Liftable Media may be found on our about page. You can read about some of our past interns' experiences on our blog.